Sight and Sound, held on 14th November, was a wonderful showcase of student work from Visual Arts, Music and Design and Technology. We would like to thank all of the families, friends and staff who helped us make it our biggest Sight and Sound ever!
Work from Visual Arts classes from Year 7 right through to Year 10 was exhibited; with drawings, portraiture, photography, sculpture and landscapes showcasing the range of activities explored by our young artists.
Congratulations to the following students for winning the 2018 Visual Arts prizes:
- Harrison and Crystal - Curators’ Choice, Year 7 Visual Arts
- Joshua and Kiera - Curators’ Choice, Year 8 Visual Arts
- Evangeline - Curator’s Choice, Year 9 Visual Arts
- Sarah - Curator’s Choice, Year 10 Visual Arts
- Sharni - Voted People’s Choice, Artwork
We were able to present musical pieces from 10 different ensembles, including the debut of the San Clemente Band.
Congratulations to the musicians who received special recognition for standout performances on the evening:
- Jack and Audrey – Voted People’s Choice, Music Performance
- Layla, Olivia, Joshua and John - Maestro’s Choice
Our Design and Technology display of dress designs and jewellery was a highlight for many of our visitors and we must also thank Miss Di Prinzio and Ms Roth for catering the event with their usual flair.
Many thanks for your support of the San Clemente CAPA faculty, we wish you all a safe and happy Christmas! Here’s to more adventures in 2019!
Emma South, Teaching and Learning Coordinator – CAPA/Languages