A beautiful leadlight window was installed at the school on the 6th May 2005. It depicts the 1643 painting by Sassoferrato of Saint Dominic and Saint Catherine of Siena being given the rosary by Mary, which has hung in the basilica of the Dominican Family since 1221.
The handpainted window was donated by a Newcastle family to the Dominican Sisters at St Catherine's at Waratah, where it was installed in the chapel of the Rosary Convent in November 1971. The historic St Catherine's convent and school became Bethel nursing home in 2002.
To continue the Dominican connection, the window was gifted to San Clemente High School, which was founded by Dominican sisters in 1917.
The window was installed in the school's main entrance by A Touch of Glass - one of the tradesmen is an ex-student of San Clemente!