The 2019 CAPA Immersion Tour took place in Sydney from 14th-16th August. This tour is aimed at providing students opportunity to learn more about the creative arts at an industry professional level. We were able to take 54 students from Year 9 and 10 Visual Arts, Music and Drama who fully embraced every opportunity offered to them.
The tour this year included…
- STC’s production of Lord of the Flies
- Sydney Dance Company Hip Hop and Lyrical classes
- Museum of Contemporary Art workshop and guided tour
- Drumming workshop at Bondi Pavilion
- The Archibald, Wynn and Sulman prizes at the Art Gallery of NSW
- NIDA workshops in Stage Combat, Musical Theatre and Acting for Screen
- A guided tour of the Whiteley Studio and Gallery
Each year we are so impressed with the way our students engage with their activities, instructors and each other – and this year was no different.
Thanks to our wonderful staff, Mrs McAllister, Mrs James, Mrs D’Accione and Mr Mlotkowski for acting, singing, dancing and artmaking along the way with our students.
And finally thank you to our CAPA Tourers of 2019 – you have done San Clemente, your teachers and your families proud every step of the way.
Emma South, Assistant Principal, Teaching and Learning (Acting)